otherwise

forays

Friday, May 01, 2009

I got way behind on the posts here while preparing for my April 25th reading in the Red Rover series (Chicago--more on it later). I have, however, kept the read-a-book/write-a-poem -a-day project up to the extent that I read 23 books in April, finishing all but 3--and wrote well over 26 poems, some of them, I think, pretty decent. I'll be trying to post the poems and blurbs (backdated) on the books here over the next week or so, but for now, here's the list of N-Z:

Pablo Neruda, The Book of Questions
Ovid, Metamorphoses (didn't quite finish)
Bob Perelman, 7 Works
[no Q]
Kit Robinson, Covers
Ron Silliman, VOG
Rodrigo Toscano, Collapsible Poetics Theater (didn't quite finish)
[no U]
Cesar Vallejo, Spain, Take this Cup from Me
Keith and Rosmarie Waldrop, Flat With No Key
[no X]
William Butler Yeats, The Wind Among the Reeds
Louis Zukofsky, 80 Flowers

All in all, a fine trip through a bunch of mostly great stuff I hadn't read before.

2 Comments:

  • At May 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Blogger mark enslin said…

    I do want to hear about that reading since I couldn't go: what did you read, was it an audience of strangers, how was the programing with Carrie, did the environment alter your understand of your work, did other invitations come out of it, would you come further south to read? etc.

     
  • At May 8, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Blogger alan hay said…

    I see you mentioned over at Silliman's that you were wondering about poetry in London in June. Can I recommend a couple things? Check the Openned blog. Steve Willey and Alex Davies run a reading night and also keep close tabs on the interesting poetry scene. I run a night in Brighton called Desperate For Love, and Francesca Lisette runs one called Chlorine. Recently between Fran and me we've had Sean Bonney, Jeff Hilson, Daniel Kane, Keston Sutherland.

    Check here:
    http://modernpoetry.org.uk/readings.html

    ...for a good listing. Definitely go to see Sean Bonney on June 18th at the Parasol Unit. He's fantastic. Let me know alan hay 68 *at* gmail if / when yr in town and I'll hip you more specifically.

    A
    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home