otherwise

forays

Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's just post-o-rama tonight. Coffee at 10 p.m. will do this, I guess.
Peter Berryman (with his musical partner, Lou) is one of the best songwriters who's ever lived, and the only one I know of who should be elected to the Oulipo for his constant exploration of new formal strategies. I've just read the 100th installment of "Whither Zither," the online column he writes for the Madison Folk Society. I don't think I've ever read a text that's more reminiscent of Ron Silliman's work (I'll refer Ron to it when he's back from vacation). I need to buy Peter a copy of Tjanting. Read the column. It's hilarious.
For that matter, if you can deal with incredibly brilliant, usually funny, melodically meticulous folk music sung by people with odd voices with a definite Wisconsin bent that probably seems provincial to some, buy all their albums.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home