otherwise

forays

Thursday, April 02, 2009

THIS SPACE

Leaves
........................................sharpen
.......................................................the mode.
Takes.

Nude, formed, found, near-
..........................................Edgelessly?

"If you want the lens, buy the eye!"

who becomes the swell in cloud mass

(after "The Dark" in Rae Armantrout's The Invention of Hunger, which I'd not read as a book before today. This poem, like the other two I don't remember having seen collected elsewhere, is particularly chilling and strange).

Also in today's reading: Bruce Andrews' Executive Summary (I'm reading "A's" today, starting the alphabet). It collects early works that make me remember why I like the guy's writing so much. The language is packed, hilarious, full of crackly context-readiness (as in "moss from a midget").

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home